Run by the same team that brought us the documentary "Bugs" in Term 2!
Entries are now open for the DocEdge Film Competition 2018 and for the second year we will be accepting student films in three categories. Entries will stay open until mid-January 2018. It's a fabulous opportunity for students to submit documentary films they have made during the year and potentially have them screened during the main DocEdge Festival in May/June 2018 in Auckland and Wellington. Check out our inaugural winners here: http://docedge.nz/
festival-old/docs-4-schools/ - you can view the primary and secondary winning films.
Three categories for submission:
- Primary up to and including year 8
- Secondary year 9-13
- Tertiary - films submitted under this category will also be considered for the best New Zealand Short Film
Criteria for submission
- Students must be NZ residents and attending either a primary, secondary or tertiary institution anywhere in New Zealand not just Auckland and Wellington
- Films must be documentary not narrative
- Documentary films can be be made anytime during this year - 1 January -
- Documentary films can be any length up to 40 minutes (short format) and may have any topic/focus.
To submit a film:
Submit films here: https://
No code is required and entries are free. Prizes will be awarded.